Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Lovey


Asher Copeland is my little lovey. He was born June 9, 2008, perfectly healthy and right on time. He is my baby that gave me "normalcy." His pregnancy wasn't much easier, but he was healthy and made it to term. Asher has a personality all his own. He is very snugly, which warranted his nickname. He is quiet and thoughtful, stubborn and sweet. He is always happy, just like his name says. Even if he is upset, a silly face is all it takes to get him to stop and laugh. Asher adores Izzy. Anything Izzy does is met with a huge grin and giggles. The boys are just starting to really play together which makes my heart very happy. They love to dance and play the drums together. Asher's favorite toy is a ball. He will occupy himself for hours with a toy that cost a dollar. How can I complain?

Asher is 14 months and until yesterday, refused to even attempt walking. I thought I was going to have to carry him around for life. To be honest, my heart was satisfied with that thought, but my back was not. Last night, hubby and I are cleaning up after dinner and I see Asher pull himself up and take a few steps. We knew this day would come very soon, but somehow it is still so amazing. As he walked his pride and confidence grew with each step.

Being a Mommy is so confusing. I am so proud of my boys when they learn something new, but, there is that little pain with each growth that lets me know that it is one more step closer to them being big boys who don't need their Mommy so much. I thought about Asher all night as he slept. My boys are very scheduled and they don't fight bedtime. In fact, they love it. 7:00 comes and before you know it, Mommy has the rest of the night to herself. I appreciate this time, but last night all I could think about was how quickly the last 14 months have passed. How is it, that my baby is walking? Maybe Asher could sense my missing him, because in the middle of the night he needed me. Asher is and has always been an excellent sleeper, but it seems as if he knows those times where I just want to rock him and he always obliges. Last night he cried and I went to check him. He was completely asleep,it was just a random cry. I couldn't help myself. I picked my little lovey up and rocked him and snuggled. It was just what Mommy needed after such a big day.

1 comment:

  1. nothing makes my heart happier than seeing my children play together. :)

    ReplyDelete