Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Accomplished.



Today was one of those days that I rarely have, but when they come, I can go to bed and truly rest. By 11 a.m., I had made breakfast, taken Izzy to school, ran errands, played and read with Asher, did laundry, cleaned all of the bedrooms, and kitchen, prepped dinner and had the boys lunch on the table ready to go for when I returned with Izzy. Before Noon, I felt like I could spend the rest of the day doing whatever I wanted without guilt of looming chores or duties.

How did I spend the rest of my day? Well, I played with my boys of course! I took a nap while they napped, then we snuggled and told stories when they woke up. Daddy came home early from school and we all just laid in our bed and giggled and talked until dinner. Daddy and Izzy had some special play time that was much needed after our weekend away. They played Castle and read stories. Izzy and Asher took a bubble bath and then headed to bed at 7.

I am a list person. If the day goes on and I am not crossing things off my list, I tend to get anxious and feel like I failed that day. Today made me feel so good, that with just a little organization, I can accomplish all that I need to and I don't need to take away time with my little kiddos to do it.

On a side note:

Izzy spent the afternoon singing "I believe I can Fly" by R.Kelly. This is such an odd song choice to me. Where did he even hear this song? He sang it with such seriousness and conviction that when I realized what he was singing, I couldn't help but bust up in laughter. I have come to 2 conclusions about this. 1) He has watched Space Jam in secret. 2) He has switched his radio station (sleeps with music at night) to 98.1 KUDL. Either way, this gave me a good laugh all afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment