Friday, October 23, 2009

I just can't take it anymore!

"I just can't take it anymore!" That is Izzy's famous quote for when he becomes just too overwhelmed in a situation. Well, I had to borrow that line yesterday, I couldn't take one more thing. Let's review what has been going on in our house lately. In the last two weeks, we had the in-laws in town, took the boys on a Branson vacation (minus Hubby), Izzy got sick, grandparents made an unexpected weekend visit, Asher gets sick and becomes and insomniac, Izzy decides he is on Mommy strike, Hubby has had 4 finals which translates into 24/7 studying and then Thursday I wake up unable to breathe, swallow or talk. I had finally gotten both boys well and the first day I would have been able to enjoy them, I can barely function. Hubby had his last final that day and I knew he would be home earlier than normal, but had no idea when. I prayed the entire day, every single minute because I honestly didn't know how I was going to make it. I could barely get Izzy to and from school and luckily Asher is such a good baby that I was able to put him down for his morning nap while Izzy was at school which gave me a little rest. Hubby arrived home at around 12:30 and the minute I saw him, I just started bawling. He looked at me and told me he was taking over and the kids were not to talk or visit with me for the rest of the day and he would take care of everything. There have never been more loving words uttered. He sent me to the Doctor-which is the last place I wanted to be, but I honored his request. Within a couple of minutes, she told me I had Bronchitis and gave me meds and sent me home to rest for a couple of days. Hubby is so smart.

Izzy has had a rough week. Not spending time with Daddy at all for 2 weeks had caught up to him and his lack of obedience was at a level we had never experienced with him. I had told Hubby about a few of the rebellious acts and he said that he would take care of it. By the time I had returned from the Doctor, Izzy had magically transformed back into my sweet, loving Izzy! I don't know what happened while I was gone, but I was so thankful for all of Hubby's help. Izzy apologized again for how he had acted recently and I really needed that. I rested the entire afternoon, being waited on hand and foot by my sweet hubby. He took care of 2 kids, cleaned, vacuumed, cooked and kept the kids on schedule. He is simply AMAZING! By the way, did I mention he did fantastic on all of his finals? I am so proud of him!!!!!!!

This morning I was feeling better, but soon realized it was due to the fantastic night of sleep I had. When I woke up it was 9 a.m. YES NINE! I haven't slept that late in forever. I woke up and realized Hubby had gotten Izzy ready, fed him and taken him to school without waking me. Honestly, there is nothing sweeter than knowing the needs of your mate without a single word spoken. I needed him to sweep in and save me and that is exactly what he did. After the last 2 weeks that he has had and the Astronomical amount of studying and testing he has done, the fact that he was even willing to do a portion of that would have amazed me.

Maybe I am weird, but it is this type of situation and responses that make me feel unbelievably loved. I love romantic gestures, cards, flowers, dates and so on, but picking up all of my duties and banishing me to my room to rest for a couple of days without a single interruption or question really did it for me. Maybe the incoherent bawling was a tip, but I really couldn't take one more minute and I couldn't love Hubby more for loving and taking care of us the last couple of days.

Hubby, I love you so much. I hope you don't plan on going anywhere, because I think you can see, we can't function without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment