Sunday, January 10, 2010

Brunch

Today we went to church and had an amazing service. It was just what I needed after being cooped up for so long! After church Hubby and I took the boys to Tomfooleries for their brunch buffet. We hold a special place in our heart for Tom's. That is where we shared our very first date. Hubby invited me to a birthday thing for his friend and when I showed up it was the three of us! Unexpected, but still very fun. Our lives started over a yummy plate of chicken fingers and really not much has changed since then.

The brunch buffet is delicious and both of our boys are free. Delicious and budget friendly...a win in my book. They serve every breakfast food imaginable plus meatloaf, chicken fingers, chicken parm-ok I have to stop, I am getting hungry just thinking about it. Oh, but I do have to mention CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES. I would pay for the whole buffet just for that item alone. We had such a nice time eating until it hurt. My boys are much like others their age, right now they just kind of pick around at their food and only eat what they have to. Apparently, Tomfooleries is an exception. Asher ate, lots of fruit, waffles, sausage, chicken fingers, biscuit, and a bite of a brownie. That is more than he would eat in a 2 day period at this point! I was amazed. He quietly ate while watching the train go round and round. Izzy loves eating there and in between bites shared stories of his time in church and what is going on in his 4 year old life. It was such a relaxing brunch and my favorite part was the no waiting for service! I think every mother can relate to going out to eat with children and feeling like it would have been easier to eat at home. Keeping the kids occupied and happy, while trying to get them to ignore their grumbling bellies while the food cooks. Then when your food finally arrives, there is all of the cutting, and the serving and the spills and if you are me, all of the cleaning before with the antibacterial wipes...it is exhausting. When the kids are done eating you realize you have only eaten 2 bites of your meal, but you know better than to make your children wait on you, so you box it up to take home. Brunch buffet, makes a moms meal enjoyable. And really is there a better way to end your time with 3 full and happy boys than a chocolate covered strawberry? I think not!

1 comment:

  1. It is a good thing there is not a Tom Fooleries in Joplin. I would totally break my diet for a chocolate-covered strawberry right now! YUM!

    ReplyDelete