Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Quite the imagination!

My little Lovey has quite the imagination! He is two years old and while he has a lot of similarities to his big brother there are a few slight differences, one being his ability to create and imagine. I didn't expect this trait at such an early age, especially since he has only really been talking for a couple of months now.

A couple of weeks ago, Hubby and I took the boys out for a fun day of lunch and shopping. The whole day Asher was super quiet and kept making these whiny noises and sniffling. I ignore it, because he is two... Hubby was like, "Asher knock it off with the whining already!" But, Asher kept it up every store we went he would sit in the cart and quietly sniff and then whine. Finally, when we were getting into the car, I looked back and said, "Asher." he ignored. After a few calls, nothing. Then it hit me, "Asher are you a puppy?" He smiled a huge smile and said, "Ashey puppy!" For the rest of the day he would only acknowledge us if we talked to him like a puppy dog. Instead of asking if he wanted a snack, we had to call it a "treat". He never broke character for the day. The following day, it was if it never happened and he was back to Asher.

Today I was working in my room while Asher was downstairs finishing his breakfast. He came up to see me, but rushed in and on his tip toes. He said, "Mama! Mama! Help! Help! Crocs bite me! Crocs bite me!" So I pulled him up onto my bed and said, "What are you talking about?" He went through it all again and finally I understood. He was pretending that my bedroom floor was water filled with crocs and if he stepped too long on the floor they would bite his toes. This little scene also means that for the entirety of today, I have to pick him up and carry him in and out of my room because he is really scared of them. I know that he has made this up, but you would never know it. He is so into his character that he started shaking when I asked him to walk and then he checked under my bed! :)

I love this kid. He is always so happy and so much fun. Israel was the easiest kid imaginable and sweet as sugar. Asher is easy in a different way, you could give him a piece of paper and he can make a game out of it or pretend it is something it isn't. He loves pretend play and he loves books, which makes me think as he grows his imagination will just run wild as he listens to stories. Who knows what this kid has in his little mind, but every single day is super fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment