Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow Day #2


We've been hit by a snowstorm and it is time to get creative people. I have two boys who want to play in the snow again and so I have to distract them with my super way more fun than a snowball fight ideas. I am only one person and dressing the 3 of us yesterday was exhausting.Then I had to haul everyone around on the sleds and they chased me all over the yard and then there was the picking up Asher out of the snow because he was so bundled up he couldn't move. Finally, when it was time to come inside, I realized there wasn't anyone to meet us with a mug of hot cocoa and yummy snacks because that person is me. After I get everyone undressed and redressed and under warm blankets, I had to cook lunch and by that time, I was WIPED. So that is why, I have to get creative today. God only gave me enough energy for one outside snow day a year. Hope you enjoyed it boys!

Snow Day #2 is officially Army day. After the boys morning bath, I dressed them in pj's and let them find all of their army gear. They dressed themselves up and helped me build a fort.


I wrote out missions for them to complete.

I hid a flag for them to find and capture.

I made them a soldiers lunch that they ate in their fort.


Today has been nothing but fun and giggles and it is so cute to hear them using their imagination. Lots of whispering and secrets are being shared in that fort. And thanks to Dora, Asher knows just how to follow a map and pick a path!


Asher was so busy waving the flag and saying "Hooray!" that he didn't notice his fellow soldier was wounded and needed help! Never leave a man behind!
Just when they were busy sharing military secrets, I ambushed their fort and shot them with as many Nerf bullets as I could find! I captured their flag and won the battle!

Having an army party this summer really paid off on this snow day. We had so much fun!

I packed a yummy snack bag for Izzy and we are spending some quality time together watching a movie while Asher naps. They were having so much fun playing army that I got all of my chores done this morning and besides dinner, I have the rest of the night to play! I have another fun idea for tonight....stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment