Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Book Report

Izzy's first book report is due Friday. I was SUPER excited when he brought home the information, because I was killer in this type of thing back in the day. 
His teacher provided a list of guidelines and a paper bag and we are to read the book, write a report and create the main character out of the paper bag. You know this is right down my alley. 

I started listing off books that I knew Izzy could read and would be fun to write about...except Izzy already picked out his book from the school library. I should've known better that Izzy would have already have his mind set on something and that something would be a SCIENTIFIC FACT BOOK ON DINOSAURS! Oh my. Do you know how sick and tired I am of reading fact books every night? Can I get a story about a boy running around in his underpants or something? #snore

He is adamant that we continue on with this Dino fact book, and so we will write a real snoozer of a book report and attempt to transform a paper bag into a dino. How can I do this? It is impossible, without a trip to our local craft store. Izzy and I spent some time browsing aisles and looking for anything that would work. I don't want to give it away, but we did buy felt, pipe cleaners and googly eyes. 

The hardest part of this project is going to be letting Izzy do it however he wants and not turning this into a clearly parent done craft. #selfcontrol 

The second hardest part of this project will be staying awake while Izzy reads this book. #wishiwasjoking

Pics to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment