Sunday, September 27, 2009

Brothers


Not really sure how or when it happened, but it finally did.

For a long time, there has just been a baby in the house. A baby who needed a LOT of attention, but as far as Izzy was concerned, didn't bring anything to the table. What can this baby do exactly? Eat, sleep, poop? Really cause I can do that and more.

For the last year, I have heard over and over again, "Mommy, I need someone to play with me!" I kept reminding him that he has someone, and very soon that baby will be chasing him and stealing his toys and wanting to play with him so much, that Izzy will be saying "Mommy, I just want to play by myself!" He didn't believe me.

September hit, and it brought big changes in the house. I woke up one day and Asher could walk. Then something amazing happened, they started chasing each other around, and wildly giggling while they did it. They play hide and seek, cars, dance, dress up, drums, it goes on and on. Now when Izzy plays, no matter what it is, Asher is always his "assistant". If he is the Doctor, Asher is the nurse. At this point, you can rarely find one without the other. Izzy now calls him his "New best friend" and you can tell the feeling is mutual. Asher thinks Izzy is magic and he squeals with delight when he sees him in the morning. Car rides are very loud now as they sit next to each other and sing and giggle in deafening tones. I am so glad that Izzy has someone to play with now, and I hope that they always love each other like they do right now. If I taped the noises in our house for the last month....all you would hear is non-stop giggling. It is an answer to prayer and the ultimate reward for a Mommy.

Finally, baby turned into brother and they are so happy about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment