Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I do.


"To have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part."

9 years ago today, I exchanged those vows with the most incredible man I have ever met. I can say that 9 years ago, those words were meant, but not fully understood. Years later, I could and would say those again with full understanding of what it is to say "I do."

Better or Worse:
Hubby has loved me through all of my annoying habits and I his.
I don't think he knew that I would be compulsively organized in every room, except our bedroom. Or that I only knew how to cook chicken when we first married. Or that I sing to the radio, but never really know the words to the song. Or that I have the thickest hair God ever created and shed like a boxer.
I can say I didn't know that he takes just as long as I do to get ready to go out. Or that he would make the bed while I was still in it. Or that I will never be able to satisfy his shoe addiction and that he would require more room in the walk-in closet than I. On the other hand, I didn't know I would still get love notes taped to the mirror 9 years later. Or that he would be the absolute best Father you could EVER imagine. Or that even though he has only mere minutes of alone time during his week, he would give them up to spend them with me at every chance.


Richer or Poorer:

As you have read before, Hubby and I had a great start to our new life. We both had great jobs and expensive taste. We had lots of fun building a new life together and spoiling each other rotten. We are more budgeted these days, but honestly, we still spoil each other. It just may take a little longer to save for it.

In Sickness and in Health:
Hubby loved me through 3 major surgeries, lots of procedures, months and months of recovery, and 3 very difficult pregnancies. I have loved him through the stomach flu and a knee surgery. The knee surgery was easier. ;) I think he got the short stick on this vow, sorry Honey.

To Love and Cherish:

Hubby has seen me in my deepest, darkest place, and loved me still. As we grieved the loss of our baby together, he showed me a love I never knew before. He is faithful in every sense of the word and that gives me security to know that no matter what comes in the future, I will still have a partner to walk this life with. Hubby has made my dreams come true and given me the best gifts that have ever been created, Judah, Israel and Asher.

So Hubby, until death do us part, I Do. Happy Anniversary Baby!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment