Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My own muscle relaxer.

Yesterday was a day of unplanned fun. I woke up very sickly feeling and wishing I had backup, but by the time I got Izzy from school, the meds had kicked in and I was feeling better. I helped a friend out by watching her two fantastic kids while she went for a check-up and the kids had a blast. I had a chance to snuggle a little baby girl, which as you know doesn't happen often. I played with her little hair and did my best to find toys around here that would interest her. Asher tagged along with the big boys and tried his hardest to keep up while they played Army with tanks and GI Joes. It was a very cute sight. He had his own tank and would come to me to help him fix "Joe" after he fell out nearly every 8 seconds. My baby is growing up.

Soon after, my sweet friend arrived (did I mention she brought a pumpkin spice coffee for me?) and we took the kids outside to play for a while. I am trying to soak up every ounce of sun there is left. I can feel the seasons changing and I detest winter. I am not a cold season person at all. Cold makes me want to stay in bed in sweats and sleep in...neither of which I can do with two little ones.

After nap, we got yet another call to play, but this time at the park. We met some other friends at the park and I got in some good ol' girl talk. Asher loves the park, he always has, but now he can walk. He runs that joint. He walks with authority and points to kids and says something that I am sure is very important. Walking lasts for about 10 minutes and then he is ready to get back in the stroller and head home. It is 6:30 by this time, and he can hardly stay awake. We tell our friends goodbye and get ready for bed. It turned out to be a great day. I was feeling much better, but I was tired. I have been dealing with migraines for the past few days from a jaw/hip surgery I had a couple of years ago. My two sweet smiling boys are the things that dragged me out of bed each day since last Thursday. Otherwise, I would have gladly slept the weekend away until the pain passed.

The most amazing thing happened last night. I remembered I am married to a medical student! Not just a med student, but a Osteopathic med student! He broke out his OMT table and gave me a full back and neck massage with what seemed like crazy stretches, but I trusted him. I am glad I did, because they totally worked and I had the best night sleep in AGES! It is a win/win situation, really. He gets much needed practice and I get a fantastic massage before bed. This is one thing I really love about Med school. Hubby wouldn't even scratch my back before he started school. He complained of severe hand cramps and gave long stories excusing himself of such duties. Apparently, ladies, all you have to do to get a really good back rub is enroll your hubby in Med school! Who needs pills? I have my own muscle relaxer!

1 comment:

  1. if you ever need someone to whine about the cold too, i will always listen with a sympathetic ear! utterly despise the cold as well. as i type this comment, i have hot soup heating up in the microwave, and my fingers are nearly numb. and it's only 62 outside... i hate winter. :(

    it must be nice to have a built in muscle relaxer in your life! *so jealous*

    ReplyDelete