Monday, September 28, 2009

Sick

Woke up sick today. Picked up the phone to call reinforcements, when I realized I don't have any. Hmmmm, what to do? Guess I will suck it up and just keep telling myself I am not sick and do it all anyway! Oh how I miss the days of youth, when you are sick and you have someone to wait on you hand and foot. I don't even so much need that kind of care now, although it would be nice. If I could just have a quiet day to sleep and not have a single responsibility. No dinner, no errands, no play dates, no school drop offs/pick ups, no chores and someone to keep my kids happy and smiling all day today.

I told Izzy that I was sick and Mommy would need his help today and he agreed. He was very concerned for me until I told him that I couldn't walk him to school like normal, that we would have to drive. Then he told me, "Oh but Mommy, we have to walk because if we drive your fingers will get too tired and I don't want that to happen." Always looking out for me.

I got Izzy to school and Asher is about to nap, so I will have a couple of hours of rest. Hopefully, it will be just enough to get me through the rest of this day.

1 comment:

  1. :( i hope you feel better soon! i really hate this time of year. arranging playdates is almost impossible, because by the time one member of a party is better, someone else always ends up sick. hopefully we can get the kiddos together soon. :)

    ReplyDelete