Friday, October 9, 2009

16 months



Today Asher is 16 months. In the 9 days of this month, he has learned a lot.

1. A signature move. It started when he learned to throw a ball so it is the same gesture, but with lots of attitude and no ball. It sort of reminds me of something Bill Cosby would do. Anyway, he does this move when he wants to make you laugh, when he is frustrated at you, when he can't get something to work, or he doesn't want a certain food. Really this move works for everything and it is funny every time.

2. Conversational babble. He still doesn't talk, but now it is non-stop with the babbling. Somehow, most of his "words" sound like Wow Wow Wubzy. He is so expressive with his face and hand gestures you know exactly what he is trying to say even if everything sounds like this "wow wowowo ohhhhhh wow".

3. Jump. Well, he thinks he can jump, his feet never actually leave the ground. Today he climbed up one stair, turned around, and did the motion like he was jumping, but didn't go anywhere. The signature hand move came quickly after when he couldn't figure out why he was still on the stair.

4. Echo. He has learned that certain rooms produce more echo in your voice. Now when I take the boys to say, the Walmart restroom, you can be certain that is my little Asher saying "WOW" as loud as he can 100 times over.

5. Clean up. Without prompting, he watches me do my chores and starts cleaning along side of me. This is clearly my favorite of his new abilities.

6. Spit. This actually happened today when he overheard someone whistling. He tried to do it, but spit instead. He giggled for at least an hour today while he practiced. =)

7. Fake cry. I was waiting for this one. Izzy used to do this a lot when he would see someone else upset. Now little Asher is an actor as well. As soon as he sees someone crying (picture Izzy), he now tries to distract you by his big brown eyes and a fake sad face and a weird whiny noise. If you are stern with him, it quickly turns to a giggle.

Things I have learned about my little "lovey":

1. He is as stubborn as a mule.

2. Without a doubt, he is the (not sure if this is even a word) snuggliest baby ever.

3. You can not stay mad at this child. His little chubby cheeks and BIG brown eyes, melt away whatever wrong he had committed.

4. FUNNY. He gets it from me.

5. He is his name-Happy and Blessed.

I can't believe how quickly 16 months have passed. I am simply having so much fun with my boys right now. I say this all of the time, but I wish I could stop time and keep them at this age forever. 4 years and 16 months...perfect.

My boys and I leave bright and early tomorrow for our mini vacation with my parents. I am so excited to have this special time with them and make new memories. I am sure I am going to have lots of fun stories to share when I return. Until then, work on your signature move. Really, it works for everything.

1 comment:

  1. he's such a little sweet heart. they are definitely at the perfect age right now... i enjoy the toddler - 4 years old ages the most. :) have fun on your vacation! we'll have to meet up when you come back. :)

    ReplyDelete