Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Cash City


The boys and I had the most perfect weekend. My parents took us to Branson and Silver Dollar City, which Izzy can't remember and calls it Cash City instead. We left bright and early on Saturday morning and for those of you with little ones, you know how long car rides can induce Motherly stress, but I have walked away from this weekend with a brand new appreciation and pride for my little boys. 5 hours in the car and not a single cry, whine, whimper or complaint. Asher didn't take a nap the entire weekend, woke up early and went to bed late and was completely PERFECT the entire trip. For a baby who is scheduled and still takes 2 naps and is in bed asleep everyday days at 7 (if not earlier), I was a little worried that all of the activity and lack of schedule would reek havoc on his temperment, but he proved me wrong. Then there is my sweet Izzy, who was so excited about literally everything on our vacation that when we exited the tram at SDC he said, "Mommy thank you so much for bringing me here, that was the best ride I have ever been on." SDC was like a whole new world to Izzy. Men dressed as soldiers, funnel cakes, turkey legs, candy shops, roller coasters, and what...a 3 level FOAM BALL PLAY LAND?...his little heart could barely take it! Asher is a total boy and has to carry a hot wheel in one hand and a ball in the other at all times. When we went to the ball play land the look on his face was priceless. We spent hours in this area and he was the happiest I have ever seen him. He is an organizer like his Mommy, so he was so happy to pick up as many balls as he could and put them in the vacuum hoses. I am pretty sure if he had been the only kid in the joint, he would have worked until he passed out trying to put all of those balls in the proper place. Of everything at SDC, my favorite part of the entire trip is when my timid little boy became a big boy right in front of my eyes. Izzy rode his first roller coaster. I couldn't believe it. Anyone who knows Izzy knows what a giant accomplishment that is. He is cautious by nature and enjoys watching other kids take risks. He always says, "I will try it when I am bigger." Well, he finally did. After doing all of the baby rides, I asked if he would go on the roller coaster. He was hesitant at first, but I promised I would sit with him and hold his hand. He agreed and before you knew it we were going up the first big hill and he let go and threw his hands up in the air and screamed and giggled as loud as he could!!! It was such a thrill to see my little guy overcome such a huge fear and actually enjoy doing it. We rode it again, again and again and he made sure we took lots of pictures so he could show all of his friends that he really did it.

While at SDC, we also had the boys take one of those Old Time Photos and they were dressed as cowboys in an old bar. I almost burst into tears it was the cutest thing I had ever seen. They loved every minute of dressing up and it really brought out the inner model in Izzy. He had a million poses and faces, it was hilarious. They did a great job.

While in Branson, we went shopping, go-karting, played arcade games, saw Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, more shopping, lots of eating and 2 days at SDC. My boys were nearly perfect in their behavior and temperment, and even endured a short shopping spree for their winter clothes.

I am always proud of my boys and know how blessed I am to have such well behaved babies, but this weekend proved once again, just how fantastic my kids are. Izzy was so appreciative and loving and Asher just rolled with our crazy vacation schedule. This morning, Izzy told me how he was so excited to go to school to tell his class of our vacation adventures. Then he melted my heart once again by saying "Mommy, I love you so much and I love my Ashie so much he is my best brother and he makes me laugh every time. I love Cash City and I want to go back really fast, but this time with my Daddy because I love my family so much."

This vacation was perfect and gave me such a great opportunity to get out of our home schedule and just have fun 24 hours a day. I have never seen 2 boys laugh as much as mine did this weekend and I am so thankful to have these memories forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment