Thursday, October 29, 2009

Report Cards

I have never been more excited to receive a report card than I was today. Today was Israels first Parent/Teacher conference. I really didn't know what to expect and I have been so looking forward to this day. I have been dying to know, what does a 4 year old boy act like when Mommy isn't around?

I got a report much different than I was expecting. Surprisingly very good in an area Israel has always struggled in- Social interaction. Until preschool started in August, Israel would come to my side if another child wanted to play in the same area as him in the park or cower if another child spoke to him. He has been at home with me since day one, only stayed with family when I was away and has always been very shy. He interacted better with adults than children his own age, and I sympathized with him because I was much the same way. Today when I told her about his social anxieties, she was shocked. Apparently, from day one, he has been nothing but a little social butterfly playing with every child in class and never had a problem with any of them. I have definitely seen a transformation in Israel in the last couple of months. He is more confident and assertive. He will tell you exactly how he feels and rarely shies away from a conversation. Still, the park is an issue, and from my previous posts, you can remember that the parking lot drop off situation still brings the drama if he is not walked into school each and every day.
I am so excited to see that he has overcome his fear and had no problem making new friends.

Israel has made huge improvements overall since school started and I am so proud of him and appreciative of the hard work of his wonderful teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment