Monday, November 16, 2009

Lysol take me away...




Mommy Confession. I HATE MUCUS. Like hate it where I turn into Kate Gosselin in the Disney World/Ice Cream episode. Every time my kids sneeze, I cringe. Today before 8:30 there were so many sneezes, I lost count. But something I can count is the number of shirt changes and that was 2. TWO changes of clothes before 9 because of mucus explosions. I went on a crazy cleaning frenzy yesterday hoping to feel a little better and it only made me tired. I have come to the conclusion that I will only feel better in a couple of days when the boys are better and one hand has a can of Lysol and the other is holding the Clorox wipes. I was keeping a running list in my head of all of the toys my boys had played with this weekend, but at this point every single item in Izzy's room is getting a bleach bath. That is like extra credit for a germaphobe like me.

On a side note... (and this may get me punched in the face by my friends)

Most babies at Ashers age are caught trying to crawl out of their cribs. Yesterday, I walk in his bedroom to find Asher stuck on the railing trying to crawl INTO his crib. He was so relieved to see me so I could offer him some assistance. It was one of those moments I wish I had my camera handy. Izzy was this way too as a baby. He would walk into his room at the same time every single day grab his blankie from his bed and bring it to me..that meant he was ready for a nap. Asher is a little more independent so I guess he thought he would just cut out the middle man.


I feel like now is the appropriate time to say this.
To all the people who told me to "just wait" because there was NO WAY I could have 2 calm, happy babies that are also amazing sleepers.... Commence Hating!


Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. ha... thanks for the update. Could you please do our room after that? ;-)

    ReplyDelete