Monday, November 9, 2009

Surgeries, Babies and Bad Habits

All the things that made me gain weight, but mostly the latter. Spring this year, Hubby and I decided to get back to our healthy weights and decided the South Beach Diet was the way to go. It totally worked. Hubby and I both lost 30+ pounds within about 3 months. We hit our first goal and kind of slacked off and enjoyed the rest of the summer.

Which brings us to today. We went on lock down. South Beach Phase 1 all over again. We are both determined to get to our final goal weight and for both of us that is about 15 pounds. Shouldn't be hard if we stick with the plan.

Lets review day 1.

I didn't cheat one time, not even a bite. However, I was so busy today I didn't stick to the meal times and actually skipped 3 meals. You are supposed to eat every 3 hours, and I only ate breakfast. Oops! By the time I was eating dinner, I felt like I was going to puke. I could barely eat even though that is exactly what I needed. To summarize Phase 1, we are allowed lean meats, low-fat dairy, nuts and veggies. We are NOT allowed my favorite things which include fruits and all carbs. ALL CARBS! (That was me yelling), for 2 weeks. I will be so thankful for phase 2 which starts week 3 because we can add in 1 whole grain and 1 fruit each day. I am a bread and sweets lover, which is obviously why I am in this predicament in the first place. The first two weeks is killer, you feel like it is never going to end and you just want to go to bed early every night so you can avoid temptation. As I am writing this, my stomach is begging for literally anything. A morsel of anything that isn't a leaf. It will get a little easier in a couple of days. I will be used to eating like this and I will sail through the rest of it, but until then. Every minute I am not busy I am thinking I might just go in to the pantry and stuff a tortilla in my mouth. I believe that is called desperation.

I will be so happy though when I stick to it, and 2 weeks from now I will have lost a dramatic amount of weight. I think the first time we did this, I lost almost 10 pounds in the first 2 weeks.

When you pray tonight..pray for will power for me. I can't stop remembering that my Dad spent $50 on halloween candy and it is stashed in the house. Or that Hubby bought super yummy salsa and I just really want some salty chips and salsa right about now.

Hopefully, in a couple of weeks I can post a picture of how hot I look and then all of this stomach pain and dizziness will have been worth it. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment