Monday, November 9, 2009

Teething bites!


Asher is 17 months old today!!!! To celebrate this he slept 14 hours straight! I like that kind of party!!

About a month ago, we all got really sick. Asher had a viral infection and it took about 10 days for him to get completely over it. He didn't sleep well during that time at all and I had to rock or pat him to sleep at every nap and bedtime. That is very unusual because he puts himself to sleep every day. Now it is a month later and the habits have continued except the last couple of weeks he has been waking up at 2,3,4,5,6 and sometimes staying up from 4 in the morning. This makes for a very cranky mommy. 16 months old, we should have no problem going to sleep and staying asleep. Finally, it hit me when he wouldn't take a sippy anymore. He must be getting his last teeth in. If he saw me pour anything in his sippys he dropped in hysteria. Asher is not at all attached to a bottle, he only wants what is in there no matter how I serve it. Finally, this weekend, I put it all together and gave him a little motrin before bed, and what happened but 14 hours of straight sleep!!!!!

Normally, it doesn't take me so long to put the puzzle together, but the sickness threw me off. I figured he just got into a habit of me helping him go to sleep and was just being difficult now.

Either way, I think we are through the hard part and I am so thankful. I have felt tired, unorganized, and a little frazzled this month. Izzy comes home from school daily with a million papers, with dates and functions and I have just felt overwhelmed and forgetful. Maybe this is the first day of getting back on our normal routine and I can get back to my usual organized self. I like that me much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment