Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanks.

Today I am purposing to be positive and thankful. I try to do this each and every day, but today more than normal. Sunday was an emotional day for me, and I let myself have those times every once and a while, but it is a new day and it is time to refocus. So, here is a list of a few things I am so thankful for.

1. Hubby. He was made just for me, my perfect balance and I can't imagine a single day without him.

2. Judah. I am thankful for every single second with that baby. I am thankful that he made me a mother when we weren't sure I would ever get to experience that. I am thankful that I can close my eyes and still smell his baby smell and hear his sweet gurgles.

3. Israel. I am thankful that he gave me a new life and taught me to love again. I am so grateful for his sweetness. Every single day he fills my heart with his sweet sayings and affection. He always senses exactly what I need and when I need it.

4. Asher. I am thankful for the joy and laughter he brings to our family. You can't help but smile when you look at that beautiful baby and he will do anything for a laugh. I am thankful for all of the cuddles and baby time he has given me, and this time I am soaking every minute of it up.

5. Family. I have the best family. Kind, giving, loving and faithful.

6. Friends. I am blessed to have a group of close friends who make me laugh uncontrollably and will cry with me when I need it.

7. Time. Sometimes, I forget what I have been through the last few years. I get busy and focused on the daily tasks and forget that this could have had a very different ending. I am so thankful for time with my children to watch them grow to young men.

8. Health. In the last 7 years I have had multiple surgeries and a life threatening infection. I am so blessed to be alive, healthy and able to care for my family. Two years ago last month, I wrote a letter to Israel because I was not sure if I would get to see him grow up and I am so thankful that letter is still in my safe. =)

And now for the little things...

9. Sleep. I am thankful to have 2 good sleeping boys.

10. My camera. I am so happy to have a great camera to capture the daily moments I share with my babies. My mind can only hold so many memories...but my camera can get everything.

11. Facebook. For without it, I wouldn't have time to keep up with my friends and family. It is pretty much impossible to have a phone conversation with 2 little ones hanging on your leg. And lets be real...I was never good on the phone anyway.

12. My wonderful parents who give my hubby and I a chance to reconnect whenever his schedule permits.

13. Foodnetwork.com because without it, we would be eating grilled cheese every night.

14. DVR- Oh how I love you!!! This invention has made it possible for me to keep my kids happy by recording family movies and their favorite: Max and Ruby! But even better, it keeps me happy by recording all of my shows that I am too busy to watch otherwise and I get to skip all of the commercials!!!

15. Antibacterial gel- How did people even survive without it?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment