Monday, November 30, 2009

Bobo is Back!

My Aunt Theresa has a way with kids. She is loving and attentive and my kids adore her. Asher will go to her even when he hasn't seen her in months and that is a big deal for my little stranger danger guy. Izzy loves Aunt T for lots of reasons, but I am sure there is one major one. When she sees the kids it is like there is no one else around. She plays whatever they want to play for however long. Aunt T asked if Izzy wanted to spend the night Friday and that is all he could think about last week. I am sure the week felt like forever since he still doesn't know his days of the week in order. Friday finally came and off Izzy went. I got a call on Saturday morning from a very happy boy who asked if he could stay another day because he was simply having too much fun. I agreed, but I have to admit I was a little sad he didn't miss us more. =) On Sunday afternoon Aunt T brought Izzy home and he was so excited to see what we had done while he was gone. We put up the Christmas lights and I surprised him by putting up his Christmas tree in his room (minus the breakable ornaments thanks to Asher). I am pretty sure that is the only reason he decided to come home because he told me his weekend was full. They went shopping, to Chuck E. Cheese, McDonald's, watched movies and ate popcorn, played with Jack (Izzy's shi-tzu who Aunt T graciously took after many scratches on baby Asher) and stayed up late every night and didn't take a single nap. A kids dream!

He talked about Aunt Theresa all night long and asked when the next time he could visit her. I am so happy he has someone who just loves on him and makes him feel so special. Sometimes you just need a place to get spoiled rotten. For Mommy it is the spa...for Izzy it is Aunt Theresa's!

No comments:

Post a Comment