Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My own fault.

I have two wonderful kiddos who go to bed without a fight every single night at 7:00 sharp. One would think that I would be a very well rested Mommy, but I am not. I have no excuse really, it is all my fault. I am not a morning person, but I force myself to be because Izzy's magic number is 7. Up and at 'em with a song at 7 am like a little birdie. Asher is more like me...he likes to sleep to a more reasonable hour. Side note: If someone would make some flipping diapers that lasted like 15 hours that would help him sleep to his desired time that would be fantastic! Back to me, I tend to stay up late for no reason. I chat online with friends, I watch my recorded shows, sometimes I even get a girls night out. No matter what I am doing, I can't seem to fall asleep before 1 am. Last night, for instance, I had a play date until 7 and then got the kids to bed. My mom and I went shopping and then home for a movie, which ended at midnight. Did I go right to bed? Nope, I watched a little TV, got online, and then tossed and turned until 4. Just when I fell into a deep sleep it is time to wake up and get Izzy ready for school. Every day I think to myself, I am going to go to bed at 11 no matter what tonight and then the hour comes and I can't force myself to rest.

Tonight I am exhausted, I have a horrible headache and my jaw hurts. I had a super long day and yet, here I am blogging instead of sleeping.

If only I was as strict about my bedtime as I am with my kids, I would be a much happier and well rested Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment