Wednesday, December 2, 2009

4

Please tell me this is just a phase. My 4 year old has turned into a hot mess of emotions in the last month. Most stories are told through tears and jumbled words, just to find out it was really nothing to begin with. Yesterday, he decided he was never going back to school again after a boy in his class laughed at him when his Lego Robots head fell off. It took me 2 hours to get to the bottom of that hysteria. Today went perfectly and all crises were adverted. Who knows what tomorrow will hold? Maybe I will grab the wrong cup or his brother will walk into his bedroom or God forbid, I put the wrong Max and Ruby on, and once again I will have to decode another mass of emotional verbage.

This week, Mommy is feeling very drained. I am trying my very best to be patient and compassionate to the struggles of a 4 year old, but my usually balanced, happy boy has taken a (hopefully brief) vacation and Emo Izzy is subbing for a while. Not sure if this is a normal 4 year old phase..but it would sure make me feel better if it was.

I am calling this phase the "Frustrated 4's". Izzy never experienced the "normal" 2 and 3 year old things like tantrums and aggression and I knew eventually we would hit a rough patch. I just didn't expect teenage-like emotional drama so early.


This tired Mommy is praying the balance returns soon and I am open to suggestions until then!


No comments:

Post a Comment