Friday, December 4, 2009

When I grow up...


Do you ever try to guess what your kids are going to be when they grow up? I think about it all of the time.

Israel is compassionate, creative, sensitive, communicative and loves all things science and art. I always picture him as a Veterinarian who is the lead singer in a band on the side. If he could, he would rescue every animal and lady bug (every other bug he is scared of) and bring them home. When looking through toy magazines he always begs for the science toys, microscopes, lab experiments, doctor sets. You can often find Izzy on pbskids.org learning about nature and science projects. The other day, I found him playing a game on the site that taught him about momentum and he had to build his own roller coaster and it wouldn't work until he got the track angles just perfect. 4 years old! He has such focus when it comes to tasks like that and I am so happy that he finds that type of thing interesting. I hope it means he will always love to learn and do well in school.

My little Asher, I picture him as an Engineer or an Architect. He has a much more serious side and loves to figure things out. He is very technical and loves all things electronic. He has already figured out how to work a dvd player, remotes, Izzy's alarm clock and CD player. He is equally obsessed with music, so I picture him as the drummer in Izzy's band. If music is playing, he immediately runs to find the drumsticks and he can't control himself he has to dance. He loves to color and draw and would read all day if you let him.

The boys are so different, but have so many similarities at the same time. It is so fun to think about their futures and all that they can accomplish.

If you ask Izzy right now what he is going to be when he grows up his answer is to be a Daddy and a professional Baseball player. No matter what they decide, I am going to be so proud of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment