Wednesday, January 6, 2010

For the LOVE

2 A.M. Tuesday morning, I found myself in the bathroom and I might as well never left. I have what seems to be some stomach virus that feels like it is eating through my guts and leaving my back extremely sore. No fever, no other symptoms other than the agonizing pain and annoyance of being in the bathroom every 2 minutes. I haven't really slept since Sunday night so now I am crossing over into the delirious category as well.

Lucky for me, I have two great kids and the sweetest Hubby a girl could ask for. First week back in school, and instead of taking a break in between studying, he was taking care of the boys and making dinner, played with them and even put them to bed. In all of that, my sweet little Izzy came up to visit me in bed and said, "I need to pray for you, this is not good. You are too sick." So he did, and it was precious.

I was hoping after my intermittent 5 minutes of sleep, I would wake up today free of this bug. Not so much. I think I might take my pillow and blanket and move into the bathroom today. Cut out all of those steps. My muscles are beginning to contract and I believe that to be the first step in the side effect called Dehydration.

One good thing has come of this. I weighed in this morning and I have officially dropped all of that nasty Holiday weight plus a pound. I would prefer a less painful weight loss regime, but I don't think I get a choice in this case.

Hubby just brought home Chinese. I know, I am totally stupid and doing myself in, but I haven't eaten a bite since Monday and I figure it isn't going to matter much anyway. I might as well eat something yummy even if it only lasts a second.

No comments:

Post a Comment