Sunday, January 3, 2010

Trains, planes and automobiles


I know my kids well, but even I have been a little surprised at how well one special gift has went over. The magic Train table!!!

We put the table in Ashers room since he is less territorial. Izzy can hardly wait for him to wake up in the morning and every other minute of the day those two are glued to each other. We have a baby monitor in Ashers room and so I can always hear them playing and this train table has been an amazing thing for their relationship. Literally that is all they do all day. Right now as I type this, they are in Ashers room, giggling, trading trains and making up stories for where their trains are off to. They have always played well together, but since Christmas it is unreal how close they have become.

Today, I even hot glued that thing down so I no longer have to be interrupted with a track destruction call. I think besides the purchase of the train, that could be the smartest thing I have ever done.

Something else I love about that table, it is actually fun for me to play with too. Am I the only mother who dreads the "Lets play armies or Hot Wheels" request? I just don't know what I am supposed to do with them. I don't know any military terms and I just feel like a loser trying to come up with things. My creativity is limited with cars as well. Besides driving through a car wash and having a wreck...I've got nothing.

So now, when they ask me to play trains, I can relax and enjoy. There is something calming about it and the train table makes all the noises for you...no more feeling like a loser for me!

It is almost bedtime for my boys so I better go check on my little conductors.

Choo Choo!

2 comments:

  1. i miss my son's train table... when we moved we dismantled it and turned it into a lego table instead. :( those kids grow up too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering how the gluing went! What glue finally worked? Today, I was called to rescue the train table seven times in a twenty minute period. I thought the train table would HELP me get things done around the house, but instead it is sucking away all of my life! Any gluing tips would be greatly appreciated.
    And by the way, that is a FABULOUS pic of the train! Love you!

    ReplyDelete