Thursday, February 18, 2010

Big things!

There is so much going on right now in my life, I think I have to do a couple of different posts. A Mommy update and a kid update. :)

Amazing things have been happening lately. Great things have been happening with friendships, our family and for me personally. For now, I will just share about me. A couple of weeks ago, I got a letter in the mail, from a bank I had a car loan through years ago. It was a very generic letter asking me to call immediately. Since I haven't done any business with them in years, I showed Hubby to see what he thought. At first, he told me to toss it. Then after a second thought, he said, "Well you better call, just in case." So I did. I called, and the woman on the other end of the line was exceedingly pleasant and so happy that I called. Turned out, they have been trying to track me down for several years now, but as you know I have moved a few times. *sigh*
Apparently, there was some kind of class action suit, and since I had an account during that period of time, I was included in any judgements. She explained that I needed to send the form back with my current address and she would issue a check right away. Free money? Perfect! A couple of days pass, and then the check comes. A $500 check! Here is another kicker, she said there is probably more on the way and now that they have my correct address she will get them sent as soon as possible!!! What a huge unexpected blessing!

Within that same week, I am praying over everything in my life, and started to pray over my finances. Praying for wisdom and protection so that I can always have the opportunity to stay at home with my precious boys. The next morning, I wake up to an email from my Dads accountant at work, asking if I would be willing to work from home for a few hours a week to help my Dad out with secretarial/assistant type things. I couldn't believe it! I jumped on the opportunity and discussed with Hubby to make sure he would be ok with some of my extra time going to work. We all know his schedule is crazy and I have a lot of free time on my hands with my kids being so scheduled. He was all for it. I even had a thought, not knowing anything about the offer, that wouldn't it be great if at some point when my kids are in school if I could work with him even more from home and still be able to do all the functions and activities with my kids. I thought it was a long shot, but shared it with him anyway.

Yesterday, I had my first business luncheon and client meeting. My Dad, his accountant, and I went to lunch to discuss the opportunity and figure out if it would work for everyone. I won't go into all of the details, but it is AMAZING!!! I can work from my Dads home office, whenever I have the chance during the day/night. They are setting me up with a new computer and said that in the future if I like the work, they could possibly hire me on Full-time from home and provide benefits! Say WHAT?!?! I love being a stay-at-home mom and I plan on doing everything the same. I want to squeeze every last ounce out of the time I have with them while they are little. On the same note, I know within the next year Izzy will be in school full-time and Asher within a blink will be to follow. It feels really good, to know that I have something for myself and that something could afford me the opportunity to stay home long-term.

Matthew 21:22 says If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. Now it hasn't always come in the form that I might have imagined in my mind, but it has been true every single time in my life. Most of the time, things have come to bigger and better than I imagined for myself. I shared my thoughts with my hubby thinking it wasn't even possible and then that same thing plus benefits was offered.

Good things are coming my way!! You all might want to start hanging out with me a little more. :)

2 comments:

  1. i'm glad things are starting to work out for you! we def. have to hang out sometime. if my family ever gets healthy again we'll have to try to set something up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Asher is in a sleeping phase again. I think molars and a growth spurt are to blame. I am waking him from nap at 5 and he is asleep for the night at 6:30. I think we would have to do a morning until he gets over it. :) Hope your fam gets better quickly. Ash and E would have a great time for sure now. He has perfected some dance moves and I have seen her sombrero dance. :)

    ReplyDelete