Sunday, February 14, 2010

Dr. Love





There are a bazillion reasons why I love my husband. One is his knack for making me feel like the most important person in the world. This week, he proved my reasoning was true over and over again. We are on a tight budget, but we always try to splurge on each others big days because we don't get the chance to do it at all through the year. This week was my birthday, and he had asked me a while back what I desired. I thought long and hard, and decided I would like to get my boys pics done professionally, because time is just flying by and it is hard to set aside that money. Coming into this week, I already knew my gift, and expected only a quiet dinner out to celebrate with him after finals were over. As you have already read, my sweet Izzy and Mom spoiled me with a surprise party bright and early on my birthday, followed by a full day of fun and dinner out with the family. Friday, my hubby was home and he sent me out shopping for a new outfit for my special dinner that night. I picked Cheesecake Factory and was ready to fall head first off of the South Beach wagon into a plate of yummy deliciousness. As we waited for our table, my brother-in-law and his whole family walked through the doors with big smiles on their faces! It was such a nice surprise. My three nephews made me cards, (the best kind)and I was showered with gift cards from their family. So sweet. We had a great dinner, laughing and enjoying the kids and best of all THE CARBS!!! :)
Just as dinner was wrapping up, my Dad offered to take the boys home for us so we could go to a movie. I was so excited to get a surprise date with my Hubby. I couldn't figure out though, why everyone was doing everything the hard way...instead of switching cars, they switched the car seats and all of the kids stuff. I found out soon enough there was a reason for the chaos.
Hubby pulls into a local grocery store and tells me we are getting candy for our movie. Sounds good to me! Next thing I know, he is opening the trunk and says, "I lied. We aren't going to the movies...look in here." I look to find our luggage packed and ready. *brain processing* Uh...what? Hubby-"I am taking you to a surprise hotel overnight. I packed all of your stuff and we aren't going home until tomorrow afternoon!"

Now, the overnight stay was plenty to be excited about, but for me, I couldn't believe how sweet and thoughtful it was that he had spent a month planning for this day. That he picked out outfits, stole my makeup bag without me realizing it, packed everything I needed and prepared for our kids. He took me shopping for snacks and then we headed off to our hotel. We normally stay in the Sheraton on the Plaza, the place we stayed on our wedding night, but he wanted every part of the night to be a surprise so he took me to the President Hotel which has been recently renovated and restored. It was like taking a step into the 30's and I loved it. Gorgeous hotel and a beautiful view. We had a fantastic night and I felt like I did when I first fell in love with him.

The next morning, we laid in bed watching TV and eating M&M's for breakfast. Right? How more perfect can a birthday get? Then he hits me with another surprise. He is taking me on a double date for Valentine's with our friends and as soon as we got home, I needed to start getting ready!! It just kept coming! What made it even more fun, Stacy didn't know about the date either. She came to our house wearing a blindfold, and J pretended to load a giant present in the back seat while we got in instead. When she finally removed the blindfold, we all busted up in laughter and set off for our surprise Valentine's date. We were all over the city. Dinner at one place, shopping and walking Union Station, Crown Center and then dessert at Zona Rosa and more shopping. It was hysterical and I am still sore from all of the laughing.

This morning, I woke up to a super sweet card, and breakfast made for me and the boys. My boys were showered with candies and chocolates and singing cards. Hubby and I got the sweetest hearts signed from each of our boys and my parents gave me a bag full of goodies too.

This week has made me feel overwhelmed with love. My friends have been so kind and thoughtful. My family went above and beyond to show their love for me and my Hubby...well he should get an award. Serious. I don't know of another wife who gets the kind of special treatment I get all of the time. He should offer training classes in romance. ;) Romance 101- by Dr. Love.

Today is Valentine's Day and I hope everyone was showered in love and kindness the way we have felt in our house today.

Izzy's Quote of the Day: When speaking to him about love and Valentine's Day Marcus said, "Izzy do you know that Jesus loves you even more than Mommy and Daddy love you?" Izzy- "Yes. He loves me like Grandma loves me!!!" :) It is hard to fathom a greater love than that, huh?

Happy Valentine's Day!!!!
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment