Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Happy Birthday to ME!!!



It is like I am a kid again. Today is my birthday, and since I am an adult, I expected a quiet day at home with maybe a birthday cake and a couple of extra kisses. Add in the fact this happens to fall on Hubby's Finals week in which we normally don't even see each other, I was a little sad to face the day. So you can understand my shock when after walking Asher into the kitchen for breakfast, I am met with a wide-eyed 4 year old and my mom, decorating wildly. I quickly rushed away, promising I hadn't seen a single thing. I got myself dressed, and Izzy came in to explain the rules: "Mama, we are making you a surprise party. You are not allowed to come in. I am going to come and tell you when it is all finished and you are going to close your eyes and I will walk you into the kitchen. Then I am going to yell SURPRISE really loud and start singing Happy Birthday song and then you are going to be so happy and surprised and it is going to be the best birthday you have ever had." Well, then! Finally, I was given the okay, and I walked into a room filled with pretty decorations, signs, roses from Izzy, 2 pretty cakes, cards, and it was all so cute. Izzy, of course, was beyond proud of himself and repeatedly asked to make sure I loved his party. He didn't seem to care that we still had a school schedule to keep, but I can understand because he set up a great party.

Today Izzy had his "Friendship Party" at school and I was able to help out in class. It was the cutest thing I have seen. I had a chance to watch Izzy in class during his lessons for about 30 minutes before our party started and it was so interesting. Can't figure out why he is constantly asking me to home-school him, because he does fantastic at school. He raises his hand for every single question, all of the kids love him, he has great manners and follows instructions. He laughed the whole day, everything was so much fun and yet he continues to ask to stay home with me. Hmmm? Anyway, we had a great time at the party, we had games, crafts, snack time, singing, reading stories and passed out Valentines to the friends. I just loved watching every kid put their little card into each child's basket. They were all so proud of what they had picked for their friends. On the way out of school, he asked me, "Are you having the BEST birthday, Mama?" I said, "Yes of course! I got to spend extra time with you!" Izzy-"Oh good. Thank you for coming to my class today. I am so proud you came to my party." I swear, both teachers just melted right in front of my eyes. If they only knew what it was like to live with him...I am a constant puddle! He is so sweet and thoughtful. One teacher said, "Oh he is going to have the luckiest wife on the planet." So true.
When we got home from school, Izzy had me sit down and read every single Valentine and after he would tell me why he loves that person. "Oh that Tinkerbell is from Kelsie? Oh I love her because she is a good reader." So sweet.

After a quick lunch, my Mom and I took the boys to a local play land and ended up making new friends. Asher runs that joint and his infectious smile and flirting always opens the door to meeting someone new. This mother, has recently relocated to KC and doesn't know anyone and was looking for a play mate for her 2 year old son. She fell in love with Ashers personality and he loved putting on a show for her. Every time he went down the slide, he would smile really big and pause until the place broke out in applause! He is a crack up! We had a great time, and by the time we left we were all ready for a birthday nap, which Mommy thoroughly enjoyed!

My whole family took me out to dinner to celebrate my big day. I didn't plan on cheating on South Beach tonight, but something in your head says, "It's your Birthday, of course you are going to eat a roll with your meal!" Needless to say, I won't be weighing in tomorrow. :)

Back at the house, we continued the party, by opening gifts, eating cake and laughing it up. It was such a great day and I feel so spoiled. I am pretty sure as an adult you aren't supposed to get this much attention, and yet I loved every second of it! The celebration is going to last all weekend long. Hubby has made secret plans for this weekend, since we weren't able to spend much time together during his finals week, and to top it off, Sunday is Valentines! The love continues!

Today was a fabulous Birthday, but by far, the best part of the day was hearing my little guy say, "Mama, Happy Birthday! I love you so much and I hope you have the best day because you are my Best Friend." Birthday Complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment