Thursday, February 4, 2010

Wednesday

My kids have the best friends. I hope I can always say that because friendship is so important. While Izzy was at school yesterday, Ashers best friend Bella came to play for the morning. Her Mommy Katie and I switch babies so that we can attend our big boys school functions and it has worked out so perfectly. It has been a while since I have gotten the chance to watch Bella and we had all missed her so badly! She is just the sweetest and Asher adores her.

Almost instantly, I watched my baby boy turn into a big boy showing off for his little friend. He danced for her, tried to read books to her, showed all of his tricks and at one point even tried to walk down two steps like a big guy. She was not at all impressed by said tricks, but he tried his best to please her. They play so well together, they share and look out for one another. I always worry that I won't have fun toys that a baby girl would enjoy, but Bella is so fun she will play with anything. She played cars and colored. We read, sang and practiced our flash cards. Then, I remembered that my Mom had saved one of my baby dolls. Remember the baby dolls that were so life like, very rubbery, soft skin? Well, I ran down and found it, cleaned it up and put Ashers baby onesie on it and instantly I heard a squeal. Bella carried that heavy baby doll around from that moment on. It was so sweet and I was so excited to play girlie things for once! She is so snuggly and sweet and we had the best time with her.

Changing the subject a little, today I was looking for something in our storage and came across two precious notes from my twin nephews from when they were small. My little nephews aren't so little anymore. Now they are strong athletic 14 year olds with low voices. When I first met them, they were younger than Asher and it feels like I have just blinked and they are teenagers. Back to the note, one said, "Ant Michael you are the best ant and the neicest (nicest) ant ever. That is why I am giving you lots of xoxoxoxoxo's. Then he drew flowers all over the page. The other note was just as sweet and he wrote it like a roses are red poem. I almost cried when I read those little notes. It made me realize just how quickly this all passes and how important it is to enjoy every single day of our little ones life. I am sure that my blog isn't always exciting and to others might not seem important, but it makes me so happy to look back and remember simple days with my boys.

Yesterday was so much fun and I can't tell you how it filled this Mommy's heart to see my boys playing with their friends and to hear the little giggles and see the different sides to their personalities. Those are things I wasn't sure I would ever get to experience and here I am, overwhelmed with love and pride for my precious gifts! I am not going to take a day for granted, because before I know it, I will be hearing two very deep voices and looking up to my very handsome guys. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment