Sunday, February 21, 2010

A late Valentine


Tonight, my sweet Izzy handed me an envelope. On the front he drew a heart person with arms and legs. On the back were several letters that spelled nonsense, but he said it spelled "Happy Valentines Day!"

He was so excited as I opened up the envelope. He had a huge grin on his face, and he said, "Mama, you aren't going to believe how much you are going to love this."

I open it up, assuming I am going to find a piece of paper with more drawing. I was wrong. I found a Church's Chicken coupon!

He said, "Mama, I love you so much. Happy Valentines Day! I love you so much, I was thinking you could go to the chicken place and get me some chicken tenders. Does that sound like a good idea to you?"

Now, you have to applaud his creativity. He could have just come up and said, "I want nuggets", but that's not his style. He takes his time, he thinks of the most romantic way you could possibly ask for chicken tenders and goes with that. Now, I didn't get the tenders, but he did get a huge hug and kiss from me. Maybe last year, I would have caved, but Izzy is a big ball of sugar, and if I fell for all of his sweet gestures, we would be eating nuggets for every meal and watching Chicken Little 24 hours a day.

I have to say, he is 4 and imperfect, but I have never met a more loving kid than Izzy. I am sure people grow tired of my facebook status' with his sweet sayings, but what they don't know is I could really update like 25 times a day with his quotes and loving gestures. The kid is like a walking Hallmark store...brimming with love and motivational sayings.

I feel like when Mommy's are having a hard day, they should call me. I could bring Izzy over for an hour and refuel their love tanks. Hello College Fund! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment