Tuesday, March 23, 2010

John Mayer

Hubby and I had decided we wouldn't exchange gifts on Christmas and focus on the kids. Well, only one of us actually followed through with that promise. I was handed a handwritten letter full of lyrics from every John Mayer song you could possibly think of and they were arranged in the most romantic and creative way. I couldn't even read the last couple of paragraphs because I was crying too hard to see. Then, I saw the tickets to the JM concert, which brought more tears and lots of kisses. :)


Monday night was the concert and it was A. MAZE. ING.


Our friends, Nate & Amanda had tickets to the show as well, but we had no idea where we would be sitting. We met for dinner before the show and had a great time catching up like always. We were so excited to get to our seats, we parted ways and promised to text throughout the show. Funny thing, our seats were about 7 apart! It was so much fun to get to look over and see how much fun they were having and we did text the entire show. We had great seats on the floor and I got so many good pics of JM.



The show KILLED. I screamed like a little girl the ENTIRE show. I couldn't help myself. Hubby kept telling me to settle down, but I couldn't. It was too much fun. We danced and sang with the crowd and towards the end, Nate and Amanda snagged seats right in front of us so we could watch the encore together. John came out in a KC Wizards jersey which brought the house down, of course. I think Hubby's favorite part would be the 10 minute drum solo by Steve Jordan. I was a little concerned I might have to do CPR, because Hubby didn't breathe for a long time. He was so happy.



I could write an entire post about the strange people and odd attire that were present at this show. One chick showed up in a skin tight leopard dress with the most horrendous shoes I have ever seen. I wish I had the guts to take a picture so I could post it here. It would for sure give you a good laugh. A couple my parents age were two rows in front of us and they slow danced in a slightly inappropriate manner for the entirety of the show. John Mayer brings romance. One row behind us were 20-somethings who dressed in their best Jersey Shore outfits, decided they would jump throughout the show. It is always so fun to go to concerts and people watch. People are so interesting. I could do that all day.

I am so thankful to have such a loving hubby, that he made such a special night for us. And then to top it off, a surprise night with our friends. It was the best!



Great memories, what else could you ask for in a Christmas present?

No comments:

Post a Comment