Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Reward or Punishment? :)

Through excellent behavior and hard work today, Izzy made it to the pirate ship on his chart. Normally, he requests an Icee for his reward, but recently, it has been a smaller sweet treat and a fake tattoo. Apparently, these tats are all the rage in preschool. He got one as a reward went into school to show his friends and now everyone gets them.

I had to pick up some items at Sams club today, and asked if Izzy would like a hot pretzel as his reward. He was so excited to get something different and those pretzels are huge, so he thought it was extra special. As he is stuffing his face on the ride home, he said, "Mama, do you think I could still get a tattoo to go with my pretzel?" I told him it was no problem and he could have Daddy help him when he got home from school. Daddy was home for .3 seconds before Izzy pounced on him with his requests for his new tat. (Now Daddy knows how it feels to be me. Enough with the tattoo requests already!!! :)

Daddy broke out the tattoo booklet that offered Izzy 500 choices such as tribal (think nick lachey), koi fish (think Miami Ink), skateboard tats, alien/space,barbwire arm bands (think Pam Anderson) and other random items.

Izzy likes to look at everything 5 times before making a choice, that is just his way. I figured he would go the skateboard route, because that has been his theme recently. Today however, he surprised me. I didn't see what he had picked, but I watched my Hubby cut it out, and it was a larger one. Izzy normally gets them on his upper arm, but he threw me for another loop, when he said, "I want this on my leg *think calf*, my friend Abraham has one on his leg and I really like it." OH MY WORD. He has totally taken it to a new level! Hubby obliges his requests, adheres the temporary tattoo and after, he came running in proudly to show me his new body art. What did Izzy pick? A GIANT bird. It is the size of his calf muscle, and has peacock-like feathers shooting everywhere. It is ridiculous. I had to contain my laughter because he was beaming with pride. He has to work really hard to get his pirate ship and earn his treats, so I am happy to do whatever makes him happy. Right now, we are in a tattoo phase. I hope it ends quickly. :) When he left the room all I could think was, "Thank goodness it is winter and he has to wear pants. The last thing I need is my kid to end up on peopleofwalmart.com!" LOL!

2 comments:

  1. LOL how cute. K is really into fake tattoos as well, but i always just thought it was because of his mom and dad's tats. maybe it's just all the rage for their age group??? i keep meaning to get him some tattoos for some holiday, but i'm always forgetting. maybe i'll remember for easter this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, same here. Daddy has three, so he is obsessed with them. He is always telling me what he is going to get when he is bigger. Hope his taste gets better with age. :)

    ReplyDelete