Monday, April 5, 2010

Weekend full of Candy!

Our weekend was full of sweet treats, so of course my kids had the best weekend ever. Saturday was our friend Eden's 1st birthday party and we celebrated her with a super cute Candyland party. Her Mommy worked so hard and it was ridiculously cute and all of the kids were very happy with the candy decorations. :)

Something very big happened while we were at the party too. Asher who is beyond shy and very clingy in large groups of people, actually went into the play room and played by himself for a large part of the party. I hope this is the start of him feeling a little more comfortable with people he doesn't see on a regular basis. I know my back would really appreciate a break from carrying around a 30 lb toddler for insane amounts of time. He refuses to go to nursery at church, and instead sits very quietly on my lap for the service. But I do have to hold him the entire worship portion and yesterday I spent the rest of the day in spasms! Crossing my fingers...hope this happens a little more often!

Easter Sunday was lots of fun too. We went to church and had an amazing service and Izzy walked away with a much better understanding of exactly why we celebrate Easter. After lunch, we gave the boys their Easter baskets full of fun little treats like, puzzles, movies, punch balloons and books. Uncle Jarrod and I hid what seemed to be 1,000 plastic colored eggs filled with coins and candy. Expecting my boys to bolt out and fight over the eggs, I was surprised when Izzy quietly and calmly just walked around with a big smile asking politely if it was ok if he got each one. Asher walked out and burst into tears when he couldn't figure out what was going on. We had him watch Izzy for a minute and then he was off to find some too. It was so sweet and they were so kind and helpful to each other. Izzy left all of the "easy" ones for Asher who gave big "gasps" of breath when he saw a new egg. Of course I took a million pictures.






The kids played in the yard after the egg hunt and then the whole family (minus Daddy he was studying for finals :( watched a movie and relaxed a bit. The kids were so wiped that by 6:32, I felt a tap on my shoulder and it was Asher telling me he was done and ready for "ni ni". After he was asleep, we set up Izzy's new big boy bed, and he loved it. It has 3 drawers for storage, and before I could even throw away the packing trash, he had them filled up with underwear and socks. He is so cute.












This morning, I was cleaning and reorganizing Izzy's closet and Asher climbed into the new bed, got under the covers and motioned for me to turn off the lights. He pretends to be Izzy a lot, so I didn't think anything of it. I walk into the kitchen for a minute and walk back into Izzy's room to find Asher fast asleep! I guess the 14+ hours of sleep he got weren't enough and he needed a morning nap.

This was a great weekend. Lots of candy, fun and great memories. Mommy is W.I.P.E.D. Lots of consecutive nights with little sleep, my calendar is blowing up and my kids and I want to spend every second we can running around outside. This makes for a very tired Mommy, oh and my back is still a hot mess. I think I will take this rainy Monday and give myself a little break. Mommy needs a hot pad and a nap.

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment