Tuesday, April 6, 2010

And the whines don't stop!

I am not sure where my little lovey is today. He has been replaced with a toddler who looks like him, but who has been whining since he woke up this morning. Gone is my happy boy who rolls with the punches and instead I have heard nothing but, "uh-uh" all day. He points to something, I give it to him and then he bawls hysterically that I gave it to him. He is a 1,000,000 piece puzzle today and I just can't figure him out. It kind of started last night at dinner, when I couldn't figure out what he wanted to eat. Apparently, he wanted waffles and sausage. You can imagine how many food items I suggested before I got to that. If he starts to cry or throw a fit, I sit him on the stairs for a time-out. Normally he immediately stops, smiles and says sorry with a hug and we move about our day like it never happened. Not today. He throws a fit, I put him on the stairs and then he cries so hard he hyperventalates and chokes on his own spit. I have been consistant all day, but it is tiring. I had a list of things to accomplish today, but I crossed out Tuesday on the header line and wrote Wednesday in its place. Hopefully, that title can stick and I can actually accomplish something other than discipline and eating in a day.

My gut says we are in the midst of a growth spurt, because Lovey wants to sleep non-stop. Yesterday when he was just playing, he passed out in Izzy's bed and slept about 90 minutes. His nap isn't until 2, so that threw our schedule off for the day and hence the not so easy dinnertime. He wants to be held constantly, he wants to sleep all day and night, and he doesn't want to eat. The only person in the house he hasn't gotten offended with today is Izzy. His eyes lit up when he got out of school and he smiles at him constantly. If I say something to him, he scowls and says "uh-uh."

Thank goodness for Izzy's sweet demeanor. I really needed it today. He came home and saw how Asher was reacted to me and said to Asher, "Ash, whats the deal? We are having big problems today. We need to watch that attitude." LOL!

After lunch, I took the boys out to play with some Play-doh on the back deck and enjoy the sunshine and fresh air. Thought it might help Asher to relax and ready him for nap. He cried at the sight of it, until Izzy sat next to him and then he got into it. How can a kid get upset about Play-doh? This just proves that today, no matter what I do, it just isn't going to make him happy. Izzy saw that I was frustrated and he said, "Mommy, you know why I love you? Because you are the best Mommy in the whole world. You love us and you play fun stuff with us. And we just really like you." Isn't he the sweetest? It is like he can read my mind and just when I am about to lose it, he says something to raise my spirits.

Today has been challenging for sure, but I know that everyone has bad days...even toddlers. Hopefully a good nap will do the trick and my little lovey will return. Either way, I know the first thing I am offering him for dinner. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment