Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Regroup

I posted earlier about having a rough day with my little Lovey-Asher. I had a million things to do today and didn't get to any of them and spent most of my day feeling frustrated. I think there are a lot of factors that added to my frustration, not just Ashers random behavior.

1. Weather. It is raining, then sunny and hot, then severe storms with hail. My house is like completely different temperatures in every room. My room is a steady "humid laundry mat" temp, which is making a restful sleep extremely difficult to achieve.

2. Finals. This is Hubby's GI finals week. Translation: Single Mommy for about 2 weeks. :(

3. Not sleeping well. See #1.

4. My flippin jaw is hurting like crazy. This severe weather is causing my jaw to ache like i'm 100 years old. Imagine the worst tooth ache you have ever had, but it is every tooth on one side of your face. *Send sympathy this way*

So here I am having a rough day and I put my boys to nap and come crash for the remainder of the afternoon. I wake up to a phone call from my Dad offering to take us out to pizza because he heard I was having a rough day. Score! Get the kids up from nap and I was so happily surprised to find my lovey was BACK! Happy, smiling, bouncing around. Apparently he just needed a 4 hour nap to regroup and so did I.
He did great at the restaurant and we came home and played together and watched the storm outside. After the kids were in bed for the night, I got the sweetest email from my friend. She is such an encourager, always has something positive to say and constantly praying on my behalf. I can't even explain how much I appreciate her friendship.

I was catching up on some blogs and realized how even though I had a not so fun day today, how much I have to be thankful for. My bad days are so few and far between. I have an amazing, faithful, loving husband who I am so very proud of. Parents and a brother who love, love, LOVE us and our children beyond words. I have friends who support and listen, but most of all encourage and that is so priceless. Then there are my precious healthy boys. They are my entire world and I don't ever want to take a day for granted with them, even if it isn't a smooth day. I want to be so careful to not wish time away, because I know first hand, just how valuable time is.

Izzy and I did our "5's" before bed and he also wanted to do "Highs/Lows" before we prayed.

Izzy's:
High- "Playing Play-doh on the deck with you. It was so fun and I like being with you."
Low- "I get sad when it is bedtime because I know after we pray I know you are going to leave me for a long time and I won't get to see you until tomorrow and that makes me miss you too much."

Annnnnnnnnd I'm back. The time we spend talking before bed is the sweetest time of the day. No matter what has happened during the day, everything melts away when I hear him say something like that.

This Mommy is thankful for good family, good friends and two amazing little boys that overflow this house in love. Some days, just may be a little louder than others. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment