Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What every woman dreads...


Today is one of those days I hate being a woman. I'm a little on edge, with a splash of anxious and a huge dose of emotional. I have an appointment with a new Doctor today. He is a man whom I have never met and at my first appointment what do I have to go in for???? A lump. *wince* Exactly.

Last night, while I should have been sleeping, instead I imagined how the appointment would go. Let's just say, no matter how clever and cute my responses might be, it will be no less awkward. I have had 3 babies, too many "womanly" exams to count, laparoscopic surgery and hormone injections into my backside. One would think my modesty would be all but gone at this point, but it seems to be in tact.

I feel at peace with this appointment. My instincts say everything is going to be fine, but my family history is floating around my brain as well which is freaking me out a bit.

My maternal Grandma, my best friend, and the kindest person you would ever meet, died of cancer which began in her breast and spread throughout her body. My paternal Grandma who we call "Granny" informed me this weekend, she has had 24 benign cysts removed from both breasts. Not exactly what you want to hear going into a week like this, but medically helpful none the less.

I am going to request it to be removed regardless because the pain it is causing is ridiculous about 2 weeks out of the month. Looking back at my jaw situation, if I had removed that cyst when they first found it, I would have been saved from a year of pure torture. This thing needs to come out, and the sooner the better.

Updates soon....

Happy Tuesday!




1 comment: