Monday, May 3, 2010

Busy

It's been a busy week.

Monday was full of play dates, chores and errands.

Tuesday was my very painful mammogram to which I am still awaiting results. The day turned around, when my sweet friend K had her new baby girl! Babies make everything better! That night I took Asher to the Spring Fling through my local PAT group and we had a fantastic little date. We crafted, played, read, snacked, and planted flowers. It was one of those nights you tuck away in your memory that I will pull back out when he is graduating High School. So sweet.

Wednesday I visited my friend K and her new baby for the entire morning. I cuddled and loved on the most beautiful baby girl and realized how big my babies have gotten. *Sigh* The rest of the day was full of shopping, errands and then a date night with Izzy. He is so fun and is always up for anything. He asked that we spend our night at the library. We picked out books, did puzzles and enjoyed a quiet night together. Then we went to the store to do a little party shopping.

Thursday was laundry and catch up day with more shopping in between and a night full of birthday invitation making.

Friday we had a family night. We took the boys to Red Robin and I would just like to take a minute to thank them for the complimentary baskets of fries pre-meal. What would we do without them? My boys did not make a peep the entire meal. It was wonderful. It would have been even better, had we not been seated next to a table with a three year old girl who screamed and wailed the entire meal. At least it wasn't my kid. We rented a movie, got yummy snacks, set up a tent and sleeping bags in the living room and made a night of it. It was so much fun and the boys can't wait to do it again. Next time I will know, that none of us will actually sleep in the tent, which is fine by me! Quality time with my boys and Hubby, and a good nights rest. Perfect.

Saturday we went to a Superhero party for our friend E. He turned 4 years old. I had the most fun getting my kids dressed up for the theme. Asher went as the incredible hulk and I almost died when he was all done. The cuteness was off the charts.




Izzy was adorable as superman with his cape that makes the real flying noises. He did however, notice how much attention Asher was getting from his sweet costume and asked that he get his hair sprayed black, because otherwise no one would know who he is






After a little pep talk, he was refocused and ready to party. Lots of fun! After the party, our good friends came back to our house to watch the Wizards game which was a great way to end the night. Relaxing with good friends.

Sunday was the craziest day for me. I have obviously wore myself ragged lately, I have memory loss and just don't feel like myself. I had severe jaw pain and a migraine so I stayed home from church and ended up taking a 5 hour nap! Holy Moly! I guess I needed it, because when I woke up I could have sworn it had only been 15 minutes. Thanks to my loving husband for making that possible!

Today, I accomplished so many things and I just feel back to myself. After dinner we were able to go to K's to visit her and the family. We have really missed their sweet family and you could tell the kids more than missed each other. They didn't even notice there was a new baby in the house...they were ready to play! I, of course, did notice the new baby, but waited patiently so Hubby could have first dibs. It melted me to see him with such a tiny baby again. Is there anything better than holding a newborn? Or the smell? To make my heart explode even more, her little girl B is talking and she would walk through the house saying "Ashy, Ashhhhy!" I can't even handle it. So much cute in one sitting.

Sorry this entry is so "listy" but, my life is so much right now. The month of May is trying to kill me by exhaustion and we are only in day 3. The rest of this week is going to be just as crazy.
In-laws visiting, late nights, school conferences, Sister-in-laws nursing school graduation (Yay you!), T-ball practice, birthday party...I'm sure there is more, but I have probably forgotten. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment