Thursday, July 22, 2010

Shots update!

SO FRUSTRATED!

Get to Izzy's appointment, with only Izzy as my Mom saved the day by getting home just in time to keep Asher for me. Thank Goodness! Made it to the appointment by 12:30 as requested, filled out the paperwork that officially took 4 minutes to finish. Waited. Waited.Waited. Waited....you get the point. 45 minutes later, we are taken back to the room. Izzy answers 3 questions, BP, and temp and then we wait another 25 minutes. When the Doc arrived, she was a sweet woman who made Izzy feel very comfortable. She asked what the visit was for, I told her Kindergarten vacc's and she said, "Please tell me you are joking." Me-"Uh. Nope." Her- "We can't do those here." Me- "Please tell me YOU are joking." Her- "Uh. Nope." She offers to buy my lunch, but I turn her polite offer down. Frustrating yes, but it isn't her fault. Turns out the office is so new, they don't have the vaccinations in the office yet. So I made an appointment a week ago and wait for over an hour to find out the appointment was for nothing. Luckily, she is a sweet Dr. that goes out of her way and she is going to find out if she can get the vacc's shipped overnight and have us back tomorrow and try again. If not....I'm in trouble. School is coming quick and it is difficult to get an appointment at this point.

So thankful Asher didn't have to sit through that for nothing. Now I must take a nap and hope for a more successful evening!

1 comment:

  1. Bummer! I had an appointment today as well and I got there and had to fill out 4 sheets of them(both sides). By the time I finished, I looked up only to see my Dr. running out of the office with her purse and I heard the RN say, "reschedule"....immediately followed by, "Melissa, may I speak with you?" So I drove there and filled out my paperwork just to be told to go home. Not as dramatic as your wait but it was one of THOSE appointments. LOL

    ReplyDelete