Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A mommy's treasure.


I take like a kajilion pictures of my boys almost daily. Unfortunately I don't know what I am doing. Also, I have this thing where since I am always taking them, I am never IN them. I do all these fun, creative activities with my boys and I take pictures, but it just doesn't capture the emotion of what we are doing. And half the time, they come out too "posed" and unnatural.

Then like someone read my mind, a friend called me. His name is Nick. He happens to be an amazing photographer and husband to my beautiful friend Meg. He shared his new photography idea with me and Hubby of what he calls the "Normal Day Session." In this session, he comes to your house. He has his camera ready for however you start the day and he slips into the background as you go through your regular routine. He asked if we would be willing to let him spend a couple of days with us and we jumped at the chance! I love pictures, but I adore pictures of my family. I can probably count on my hands how many good pictures I have of me with my boys that isn't a posed family photo. This was my dream come true.


The process was amazing. His pictures are incredible. The memories he captured are my treasure. The bottom line: He caught our life, our personalities, our expressions, our time-outs, our pouts, our hugs and kisses. All things that are hard to catch when you are too busy, cleaning, cooking, or taking the picture.

http://www.nickallenblog.com/normalday
Check out the video (on the site above) he so brilliantly put together. Pretty much that sums up my wonderful life, much better than I could express in words on this blog. It's perfect.

Shout out to Nick Allen. Great friend. Great photographer. If you live in the KC area, make sure you check him out. This is the best gift you could give any parent or grandparent. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment