Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Potty Dance!!!

Someone here is doing the Potty Dance!!!

My little Asher surprised us today, out of the blue, he ran and got his potty chair and showed Grandma that he wanted to go. Not once, but now 5 times in a row!!!! He turned 2 in June, and I haven't given potty training much thought. I learned quickly with Izzy that trying to train a boy before they have made up their mind is completely pointless. A couple of times, Asher seemed interested, so I tried sitting him on the potty, but his interest immediately turned into a screaming fit because he was SCARED of the toilet. So today, was such a shock to not only see him bring the chair, but go multiple times! YAY for big boys! I was so proud, I rewarded him with a marshmallow after each time. Grandma gave him a $1.50. Then on number 4, my pride was overflowing so I took him to McDonalds to reward his sweet little body with a Happy Meal. We sat together in a booth and he just beamed with excitement. I told him over and over how proud Mama is of her big boy and he just said, "YESSSSH!"

Tonight after dinner, I am going to take him to pick out his first pair of big boy underwear. Can't believe this day has come and my baby is quickly transforming before my eyes.

Super cute potty and new underwear pics to come. :)

1 comment:

  1. P.S. Sorry I am writing in Grandma font...it refuses to change the size or font?!?

    ReplyDelete