Wednesday, February 9, 2011

How did this happen?

(Pic of my 31st, with the cutest boys you will ever see)

50. Is the number of minutes until I turn 32. OMW. How did this happen?

I remember the day of my Mom's surprise 30th birthday party and I remember going into the public restroom and crying (I was 10) and thinking that because she turned 30 she was going to die soon. I am OLDER than the that age now. Obviously, 32 isn't old...it is just that I am creeping a little too close to the age when your kids are teens and you have a mid-life crisis. EEEEEEK!

I am not a person that cares about my age by number, I don't think I "look" 32 nor do I feel it. I think that is all that matters. However, Izzy did ask my age a couple of weeks ago and when I told him 31 he replied, "WHAT! 31, it takes me forever to write to that number!!!" lol Thanks, kid!

In less than an hour I will be 32 and I am totally okay with that. I have a family that loves me beyond words. 2 boys that overflow my heart with love and joy, make my guts hurt from giggles, and my eyes teary when I think of them. I have a Hubby that spoils me rotten and when I least expect it. He knows my love language and he speaks it well! I am surrounded with amazing friends who make life so much fun and love me for me. Most of all, I have a relationship with the Lord and as I look back on my 31 years and remember all of the things I have been brought through, I am amazed. He is faithful, loving, and OH so merciful! My years on this earth have been quite a ride, and I am so blessed to be exactly where I am right now.

Looking forward to a new year with a fresh outlook and surrounded by people who Love to Love!

Happy Birthday to ME!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you my dear friend! Wish I could be there to celebrate! Skype! LOL <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!!! I like to say that you're just 25 with 7 years experience. :D

    ReplyDelete