Monday, March 21, 2011

Map

Today I took Lovey on a walk around the neighborhood. It is absolutely gorgeous outside and I thought he would like to take a simple walk and chat with Mommy before nap time. Asher has quite an imagination, as I have said before. He imagines crocodiles on the floor, bad guys, sharks in the ocean and he is at least one animal for part of the day. When we left our house I told him he could choose which direction we headed. As we made our way down the sidewalk, he found a small cardboard advertisement and said, "OH wow! A map!" He wanted to stop and read it for a while before we made any further movement and finally he said, "It says dat-a way!" with a determined point. He led me around the curvy neighborhood stopping every few yards to refer to the map. He told me the map said we had to find flags. That was our new mission and luckily we have some very patriotic neighbors! We found several flags on our path, but that wasn't enough for little Lovey. He quickly realized that every single mailbox has a flag and he thought our mission included pushing each one of them up! :) He is a good listener, so after fixing a couple he was happy just to point them out to me. Not sure our mail carrier would have been to happy with that!
My little adventurer with his "map"

I just love love love spending time with my Asher. 2 1/2 might be my favorite age. Everything is so fun and exciting and he can communicate just enough for me to understand what is going on in his mind. He made a simple walk so much fun, all with his creativity and imagination. We had to jump over cracks so we didn't "fall down" and find flags, he wanted us to use our ears to listen for clues and my favorite of all was when he huffed and puffed and said, "dis is hard wok."

Of course after we found our house, I had to reward all of that work with a nice big glass of cold lemonade and a cookie. I just wish I could have joined him. Stinkin' South Beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment