Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring Break Day 1

Today was lovely! We slept in until 9, moved slowly and enjoyed a quiet morning. After breakfast, I got the boys ready and took them for their new Spring hair cuts at a local kids salon. Izzy has always had curly long hair and as he has lost his curl, we have just kept it longer and in a surfer style. Asher, his hair has a mind of it's own...so I'm happy as long as 50% of it is going in the same direction. :) Today, Izzy informed me that he is almost 6 and it is time for him to be able to pick his own hair. Seemed reasonable to me...until he told me he wanted a mohawk. Ummm.no. His back up plan was to have a short style with spiky, messy hair on top. He was able to either sit in a fun power-wheel and watch a movie, or play a video game while she cut his hair. That was a no brainer. He picked the Wii and played Super Mario Bros. He had so much fun and then when she spiked his hair like crazy with gel I thought he would fall over out of his chair. He actually said, "I've never seen my forehead." LoL! Asher thinks Izzy is "Awesome" (he always says that) so he wanted the exact cut. Unfortunately, at first he had a complete panic attack at the thought of sitting in the car or chair by himself, so he sat on my lap at first. But, when he realized he was missing out, he picked a car. Which was great, except he picked the only CINDERELLA convertible in the joint! OMW. I was so happy that he was willing to do something on his own, I didn't say a word, but when a little girl came in for her cut and the only option for her was a Hummer or a Harley, she was less than pleased. Asher didn't seem to mind, he kept chatting away on his Cinderella cell phone and steering like he was in a Nascar race. As a cherry on top, when offered every movie known to man-kind, he skipped Cars, Robin Hood, Elmo and went the Dora route. Niiiiiice.

But when you have kids as cute as this...




It's super easy to forget the crying, and the Cinderella car.

We enjoyed a nice lunch out just the three of us, followed by a great nap for Asher and an afternoon of playing for Izzy. I decided I would get a jump start on my spring cleaning, even though the weather outside is SNOW! I gutted Izzy's room and in 2 hours we had 1 large trash bag for trash, 1 for clothes and 1 for toys to be donated. How is that possible? I just did this in September! SB Day 2: We are tackling Asher's room and doing some fun projects with the boys. I might need prayer for Day 2....Asher is a hoarder. It is not going to be pretty.

How are you spending your Spring Break?

2 comments:

  1. i LOVE that place! i've been taking K there for years, and won't take him anywhere else. :) they always do such a good job, and of course the Wii is the best part about it ;)

    unfortunately, i'm not doing much on spring break. both kids have colds, and with the yucky mix of mud and snow outside, we're just taking it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that stinks! That was my whole last month...I totally feel your pain! Hopefully the weather will get consistent and we can have a park play date soon!

    ReplyDelete