Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spring Break: Day 2


As all spring break days should start, we slept in until 9. No matter what time I go to bed, if I get to sleep until 9, I am a much happier woman. After our regular morning routine, I started in on the dreaded mini-hoarders room. I cloroxed everything, went through his clothes, toys and finally reorganized his closet. I feel like I can breathe a little deeper today. I think I should start each day with a project like that because even though it took a little extra energy (of which lately I have none) it put me in accomplishment mode all day long. Also, the smell of clorox is equivalent to the newborn baby smell to me, they both equal JOY.

Izzy took a little bit longer to get dressed today because you know his new hair cut has him feeling really good about himself and he wanted every "spike" just right. Once I got Asher down for a nap, I took Izzy off for a Mommy/Son date day. Izzy doesn't care what we do on these dates, but I always try to fit in a couple of things that he really loves and I also try to make them productive by getting things I need done as well. Our date started off at Sams, which while it doesn't sound fun we were only there for a couple of items like milk and diapers and Izzy is a great shopper. He loves to look at everything and he doesn't mind the free snacks either. :) Then we were off for a special delivery. My sweet friend Carolyns birthday is today and Izzy made her a card and he picked out flowers to take to her. After visiting a bit, we were off to register for T-ball. He is so excited to play again this year and the girl who registered him said, "Are you excited?" and he said, "I'm super good. Like really good. I hit home runs all of the time soooo..I can't wait." Well, his self confidence is certainly not lacking! Then it was Izzy time. I took him to QT and let him get a "special" drink which is always a white cherry slush and he wanted a hot dog. We spent the rest of the afternoon playing at the park, talking, and walking a trail. We had a little bit of time before we had to be home so we ran by Target just for fun and he looked through all of the toys and games.

On the way home, we were listening to a local Christian radio station and there is a song that goes, "I love you more than the sun and the stars that I taught how to shine, You are mine and you shine for me too, I love you yesterday and today and tomorrow I'll say it again, I love you more." (Matthew West) Izzy was belting that song out and then he stops mid-chorus and says, "Mom, I wrote this song for you. Did you know that? Because I love you like this song says. More than the stars and the sky. I just love you more! *pause* I don't know how this song got on the radio...but I wrote it." Oh, he makes me laugh and want to cry at the same time.

Or what about this one...

I'm dropping off the food after our Sams run, and Hubby meets me at the door to help. He kisses me good-bye and when I got into the car Izzy says, "Hey what was that? What do you think this is your married? You think this is your wedding? NO! This isn't your wedding...we don't have cake! No Cake..No Kisses!" I could barely contain myself. He was adamant with his disgust, but I couldn't stop laughing.

Izzy and I had the best day together and it is so fun to have one on one time and conversations that are uninterrupted. In all honesty though, Izzy doesn't really need me for the conversation, he doesn't take a breath and he answers his own questions. But it sure is funny listening to his brain work.

I even got to have some Mommy time today because after I put them to bed, I went to my friends house to work on craft projects! It is so therapeutic and there is nothing like some good ol' girl talk! I have been blessed with such great friends and creative ones at that.

Today was wonderful and it is going to be really hard to send Izzy back to school next week.

I love Spring Break!


No comments:

Post a Comment