Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Cute overload.

This weekend, my boys and I met our friends K and her kids at a local nature sanctuary. We packed lunches, sunblock, a wagon, strollers, bags...it was a lot of work, but this picture alone shows it was totally worth it!

The weather was beautiful and warm and the kids were so happy to be outside soaking up the sun and trying something new. The big boys hiked while I pulled the littles (Asher and Bella) in a red wagon and K pushed baby Norah in her stroller. It was kind of a double duty day, because not only was it fun, but it was a super good workout for us Mommies! I was pulling about 60lbs up hills and winding trails. K was pushing sweet Norah and all of the "stuff" like my gigantic camera bag, our lunches, diaper bags so her load wasn't a breeze either.

My little scientist Izzy was having the best time "investigating" nature while still staying on the trail. I would love to take them again soon but this time bring some of his science stuff so he can really get into it. We gave Izzy and Elijah each a map and they told us which path to take and where the water ran according to which path we were walking. After our hike we took the kids into the nature center where they were able to see snakes, lizards, turtles and listen to animal noises and learn facts about animals they might see on the trails. The kids LOVED it and played there for a long time. K and I loved it because it was air conditioned...oh and because our kids were happy and learning. :)

My boys love the outdoors and most of all they love being with their friends. It was such a great day with fun memories. Speaking of memories, that picture is going in a frame because every time I see it, I smile. I hope when our kids are teens, they can look back at that picture and smile too.

No comments:

Post a Comment