Tuesday, May 17, 2011

G.L.O.W.

This weekend was JAM packed with fun. It is too exhausting to even rehash, so I will summarize.
* Party Prep Night/Dance Party/Girls Night
*Breakfast with Papa
*Shopping
*Tball game
*Tangled Party for our sweet friend Ella
*Immediately followed by a super fun and original Glow in the Dark party for our buddy Elijah
*Church
*Lunch with friends
*Made dinner for my sweet SIL, who had surgery last week and spent the rest of Sunday night hanging out with our hilarious family, while trying not to let SIL blow her stitches out.

Okaaaaaay. See? Not exaggerating. I'm wiped, but it was all so much fun.

While everything was super duper fun, I actually have pics of our time at Elijahs Glow Party and I thought it was so original I had to share. This party was done on the heels of the "You are my Sunshine" party just a couple of weeks ago. Needless to say, my friend K is a super Mommy and even more exhausted than me. :)

She had the kids at Hello, with the fact that the party started at 7 p.m. That is my boys bedtime so not only did we go to a party at night, but it didn't even start until bedtime...how cool is that?

The party began with, what else? Food. A hot dog bar, to be exact! In K style, she provided every option possible and we all thanked her for it. Delish.
She even provided a Specials board, in case you wanted to try something new.



The Birthday Boy and his Bestie ready to chow down.



What is that in the vase? Oh nothing, just Glow in the Dark JELLO! She's brilliant, I tell ya!



In between bites, the kids had lots to play with. Once it became dark, it was time for some real fun. Glow in the Dark: Science Experiment. The kids all sat down at a large table and made their own GitD SLIME! They had a blast and it really worked!



This is the face of someone who doesn't like to be dirty. :)
Turned off my flash for a few pics so you could get the true experience!


After the slime, K handed out tons of GitD gear, bracelets, swords, masks, necklaces, wands, balls. By this time, it was pitch black outside so the black lights in the tent were in full effect. The tent was glowing, and the kids used their gear to roam and run around the back yard.



By the end of the party, we were down to our core group of buddies. It was hard to get them to sit long enough to take this picture, what with all of the swords, wands, and darkness to wander through, but we got it and it is precious.

Delicious food, creativity, black lights, white clothes, Dollar store glow sticks and of course the Cricut and paper made for what my boys called, "The BEST Party EVERRRRRRRRR Made." Izzy told me, he wished it was an all night party, because he knows he could stay up all night with the glow sticks. 30 seconds later he was snoring in the car. :)

Elijah successfully turned 6 and his party rocked the neighborhood. I'm pretty sure the whole cul-de-sac was wishing they got an invite to this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment