Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Life in a Binder

In between taking cover in the basement stairwell and watching the weather coverage, I worked on a little project-a long time coming. I've said before it is very difficult to keep my Master Bedroom organized because it is so many rooms in one to us. This morning I was looking for an important paper and became overwhelmed. It probably isn't just the paper, but all that I have on my plate and in my head right now, but it was the straw that made this camel organized.

This is what I am always staring at in either the mail slot or in our bookshelf. Tons of random paper, all important, but with no home.

This doesn't include the massive amounts of school work that Izzy comes home with every single day. Party invites, schedules, insurance paperwork, health forms, school papers, Medical school forms, the list goes on and on. I couldn't look at it for one more second. So I got my trusty tools out...

After separating the stack of paperwork into the appropriate sections, I made labels for each household tab. Hole-punched all of the papers and divided them into their corresponding tabs. Each family member has their own tab, so that I can add current papers or to do items to each person. I even made one labeled summer, for all of the things I would like to do, coupons I have found for fun activities, and our summer movie schedule.

The last step took just a minute thanks to my Super-Duper Silhouette, I made a simple tag to label the binder (I marked out our last name...you don't need to know Everything!!)


Gotta say how much better I feel after such a simple project. There are no more random papers lying around, no more piles to antagonize me instead everything has a home and my mind is able to focus so much better!

What makes me feel even better than this binder? Having my Izzy home from school safe and sound. I have been a hot mess worrying about him and now I can breathe a little better. Praying you all stay safe!



No comments:

Post a Comment