Thursday, October 20, 2011

Hero.

My Izzy is a hero. 

Two times this week, he helped someone on the play ground he didn't know, who had been hurt by someone else.  He came home yesterday and said that a little boy was lying on the ground crying because he had been pushed down. Izzy helped him up and asked who did that to him. When the boy pointed him out, Izzy went to the boy who pushed and said, "Don't you EVER do that again, you could've really hurt him. This is your last chance, you do that again and I will tattle tale you so bad!" The pusher agreed and then Izzy said, "You go home and tell your Mom you did this too."

Turns out, being big for your age really has its benefits. 

Parent/Teacher conferences were this afternoon. I asked Izzy this morning how he thought it would go and he was super confident that it was going to be "all good things." He was pretty much right. He is doing well in all of his subjects, especially Music...obvious. The only real complaint she had was his handwriting. This is my complaint too. So sloppy. We are practicing every night and I know it will improve this year. 

The main thing she wanted to talk about was his behavior. This is what she said of Izzy:


Izzy is the best friend I have ever met. He is a best friend to each and every kid in class. He is super social and nice to everyone no matter what. There are kids in class that are underprivileged and handicapped and he plays with them all equally and without thought. If you ask the kids they each say Izzy is their best friend. He is kind, honest, honorable and helpful. 


Now, I was super happy to hear he is doing well in his subjects and that he hasn't had problems in anyway, but it made me beam to hear what I have always known to be true, he has been created with a special heart. He loves with complete purity. He doesn't care about your skin, your status, your gender or physical limitations. 


I wish I knew more people like that. We are all called to love, and I am learning how to do it even better from my six year old. He is my hero.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment