Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Double Blah.

I will have to post about the two cutest boys on Halloween at another time, because I roughly have about 4 minutes until I am needed again.

Halloween night, we were out late at a costume party. We had a blast. I could tell the cold and smoke from the fire pit was affecting Izzy because he was getting a deep cough. I took him home, put him to bed with some organic honey syrup and called it a night. 4am, I find out he had been up all night..in my parents room. He was S.I.C.K. I woke up Ash at normal time and his eyes were black and his was color off. I was just waiting for the coughing to kick in too. I took them both to urgent care and waited......(wait for it)....4 HOURS. All I can say is thank goodness for well behaved boys and the Leapster. They were perfect and not a single complaint. Although, I shouldn't say what I was thinking in my head. :)

After a strep test that came back negative, they finally concluded that Izzy has a viral infection of the chest and a severe cough causing laryngitis symptoms. Home we went and I put my boys to bed. Except, Izzy was so sick he couldn't sleep. When I went to wake Ash, I quickly realized, all those signs I saw that morning had come to fruition and they were all over his bed and carpet.  Little Asher is sick too, just not with the same virus. His seems to be a stomach virus as he can't keep a single drink of liquid down for more than seconds. Did I mention Hubby is gone for the month in a town less than 2 miles in diameter 6 hours away? Yep, true story. So I couldn't even pick up Izzy's prescription, because now little brother is throwing up constantly. I have a toddler in my bed and a big boy in his room, both crying for help for different reasons. Izzy feels like he is choking and can only sleep when given his super duper strength codeine cough syrup (that I was able to pick up later because of wonderful Papa and Grandma who also supplied dinner.)

Last night, I lay awake waiting for the "MoM!" calls. It had been quiet for a bit, so I closed my eyes for a total of 30 seconds to be awakened by a need for a trash can from one and another one who said, "MY BODY IS ON FIRE, PLEASE COME HELP ME!!!" I jump and run to help and as I am making my way to his room,  I hear Asher say, "Bobo, you gotta Stop. Drop. Roll!" He is funny even when he is very sick. :)  In summary, I got lots of exercise last night and not a lot of sleep.

Hubby and I have never slept with our kids except for hotel stays when they were smaller. Last night, Asher slept in bed with me and the whole night he kept his tiny little hand on my shoulder. It was the sweetest feeling. That moment pretty much made up for all of the yucky stuff.

My time is up, I am being summoned. Super Mom to the rescue!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment