Thursday, November 17, 2011

Irony.

Husbands are great. Especially mine. 

Husbands help you bring in the groceries and put them away. 
Husbands take out the trash.
Husbands kill spiders.
Husbands shoo away door-to-door sales people.
Husbands fill your SUV with gas.
Husbands wash said SUV when dirty (mine is always dirty)
Husbands help with transporting kids. 
Husbands help get the kids bathed and ready so you can get yourself ready.
Husbands get the mail.
Husbands do the boring errands.
Husbands reach the high things.
Husbands carry the heavy laundry.
Husbands cook dinner when you are too tired.
Husbands use their deep voice to discipline your kids when your Mommy look doesn't work.
Husbands stay home with the kids so you can go grocery shopping alone.
Husbands give you hugs and kisses when you have had a long day.
Husbands let you ramble.
Husbands make you laugh.
Husbands let you cuddle when it is very cold outside.
Husbands pray for you.
Husbands give you compliments, when you clearly don't deserve them. 


My Hubby does all of these things and a million more. I am missing him so very much tonight. I won't see him again for still another week and this is the longest in our 11 years of marriage of being apart. I do not like it.


You know what else Husbands do? They snore. My hubby snores so loud that I have to create a pillow cave for my head, so that only my mouth and chin are visible and my right arm has to lock them into position to create a snore barrier. 
Truth: Many nights I lay in my pillow cave, tossing and turning and praying to have one night of quiet, uninterrupted sleep. The whole bed to myself, no snoring. 


The first two weeks of Hubby's travels, I was living on minutes of sleep due to the kids crazy sickness and didn't notice. But, I have a problem. Kids are healthy. Hubby is gone. I have the bed and my remote to myself, and guess what. I. CAN'T SLEEP!!!! I'm freezing cold, watching all of my favorite shows without interruption and no snoring. It should be like a sleep vacation, right?


Except,  I miss him. I can't sleep with him OR without him! Why is my brain playing tricks on me? Even though it is completely unnecessary, I am still sleeping in my pillow cave hoping to fall asleep, but it takes hours to happen. 


Hubby,  I miss you. Come home. I need sleep. And a kiss. I will even take your snoring. I'm desperate. 


xoxo
M.

1 comment:

  1. awww...he is home now! so that means i should get some girl time with you. :) wait, my mister probably wants time with your mister too. family dance night? so glad he's home. sorry he was gone so long & you couldn't sleep. You probably look a hot mess! :)

    ReplyDelete