Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Rant.

Can I be real for a second? Good.  Facebook. It is good for so many reasons. You can stay connected with long lost friends and family. Family that otherwise would never see or know anything about my children have an opportunity to know what is going on in our lives on any given day. Pictures, funny stories, prayer requests, birthday reminders...again so many good things. 

Facebook for many is kind of like a daily journal, except all of your friends get to read it too.  It hit me last night, when I couldn't sleep, that it would be interesting to go back through my posts over the last few months and see what it says about me. You know what I found? My kids are hilarious. I have absolutely the sweetest Hubby around. My friends are hysterical and OH so giving. My family has had more fun in 6 months than some do in years. And I am tremendously blessed. 

It got me thinking about some of the stuff I see from my friends on Facebook. Some of it made me sad. Many faces came to mind, that if you read several months of their posts at one time, it would be so depressing! This month everyone is talking and focused on what they are grateful for. And yet, there are so many people out there, just wallowing in the tiniest of problems and sometimes I have to stop myself from saying, "It is your own fault." People, you have the power to determine your day. Your words, your attitude set the course for how your day goes and your interaction with others. 

I have been through some stuff. I don't want to make light of hard times, I get it. And please hear me when I say, we all have bad days. Bad Mommy days. Bad wife days....just bad days and by all means be honest about it. But, if you look over the course of time, and you are constantly declaring to the world how awful your life is, how nothing ever works out for you, and why don't people care for you like they do for others...I think, "Would you want to be friends with yourself?" Honestly, I don't think so. 


We are called to be a light to a dark world, and yet so many of us are just adding to the darkness. Stop sharing all of your gripes and complaints and do something for yourself to make it better. 

There is always going to be circumstances to complain about. Always going to be friendships that aren't going as you wish. Always going to be days of frustration. Always stuff.  But with that, there are always things to be grateful for. Always people to love and appreciate. And Always, God is bigger than your problem.

Every day can't be that bad...and if it is, what are you doing to contribute to it?

 It's like the genius' on Pinterest say:



 Suck it up and put a smile on your face. Rant Over. :)








 

2 comments: